Peppered Tomatoes and Leftover Greens on Toast – #VEGANBRUNCHRECIPE
This super easy brunch dish is guaranteed to please! It’s essentially, a posh tomatoes on toast 😂 (yum!) perfect during lockdown for those peckish elevensies and it uses up last night’s leftover veggies! 🌱
This recipe feeds between 2-4 people (depending on how hungry you are, how much bread you have and how much leftovers you have from the night before!) 🌱
PREP TIME 5-10 MINS | COOK TIME 10 MINS
👉🏼 Thick sliced whole meal/seeded bread 🍞 (toasted)
👉🏼 Leftover greens/veggies
👉🏼 6 medium sized tomatoes 🍅 (cut into slices)
👉🏼 1 red onion 🧅 (cut into slices)
👉🏼 8 smashed garlic cloves 🧄 (no need to peel)
👉🏼 1/4 tsp black pepper
👉🏼 1/2 tsp white pepper
👉🏼 1/2 tsp salt
👉🏼 1/2 tsp dried oregano
👉🏼 1/4 cup of water
👉🏼 Choice of cooking oil (I use coconut)
👉🏼 Olive oil drizzle (optional)
👉🏼 Fresh Coriander (optional)
- Slice tomatoes and onions and set aside.
- Smash 8 garlic cloves with the flat side of your knife (so the garlic breaks through the skin, no need to peel).
- Heat your pan (medium) and add your oil of choice.
- Sauté onions and garlic for 2-3 minutes until starting to brown.
- Add tomatoes, pepper, salt and oregano, then mix.
- Add 1/4 cup of water, mix again and cover for 5 minutes.
- Remove the cover and allow to reduce until the excess liquid disappears.
- Transfer to a bowl and refry your greens in the same pan.
- Plate with toast and drizzle with olive oil and coriander to garnish.
- Gobble gobble 😋